The Recon 120 Tactical Fishing Intelligence Kayak from Wilderness Systems a confidence-inspiring fishing machine for both the novice and expert, the Recon is a factory-loaded boat that you can rig your way. With a fully customizable open platform, a lineup of revolutionary new features, and the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power – the Recon series of kayaks are the future of fishability. (Note: This model is Helix PD™ Pedal Drive-capable and the Helix PD™ Pedal Drive can be purchased separately. The Recon 120 HD comes with the Helix Pedal Drive installed.) Aftermarket motors can also be deployed with a direct-to-boat stern mounting interface.
A supremely wide-open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence. The functional layout of the intuitive topdeck interface keeps all your gear and essentials within reach, with ample surface areas for personal modifications.
The Recon series features next evolution of S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology – Wilderness Systems' signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters.
This model's hull optimizes any mode of travel, be it paddling, pedaling, or motoring, with specialized volume distribution and under-the-waterline nuances to keep the boat moving quickly and steadily.
The Recon series also establishes a new paradigm for storage. The StowPro Storage System features an extra-large gasketed hatch and a thoughtfully configured bin to access, organize and defend important gear. Down the boat and atop each gunwale are Dual Rod Troughs – a unique horizontal rod storage solution to keep rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage. The troughs can hold up to three 7'6" rods on each side, are secured with cross-lashing bungee, and are noise-dampened by Wilderness Systems' celebrated Silent Traction pads. Midship side pockets, tackle box recesses, and a functional under-seat area provides even more gear storage in all the right places, while the expansive and notched tankwell yields a custom-crafted space for popular rear storage items like the Wilderness Systems Kayak Krate.
Wilderness Systems kayaks are renowned for comfort, and the Recon ushers in the next progression of this pillar with the introduction of the all-new AirPro ACE seat. Embodying easy Adjustability, luxurious Comfort, and fine-tuned Ergonomics, the AirPro ACE seat leverages the premium framework and materials of the popular AirPro MAX but with a groundbreaking new feature – a one-handed mechanical lever for quick adjusting the trim on-the-fly. Akin to a manual vehicle seat adjustment, though a quantum change in kayaks, this function allows the angler to dial in their unique position for paddling, pedaling, motoring, or to make room for fishing. The Recon's seat has been thoroughly thought out down to the "nuts and bolts," as even the hardware is clipped in place to mitigate the possibility of getting lost.
- Rigid Carry Handles : Grab handles on either side for easy transport. Also serves as a secure locking point
- Storage Tray: Storage tray for easy access to gear.
- SlideTrax Accessory Rails : Customize your kayak using the two marine grade anodized aluminum SlideTrax rails; compatible with accessories like phone mounts, fishing rod holders and cup holders from RAM® and YakAttack®. Shown with Rod Holder - sold separately.
- Silent Traction Deck Padding : Popular with anglers, these foam pads reduce noise transmitted through the water making it easier to remain undetected.
- Shallow, molded-in storage trays keep smaller items, like tackle, within easy reach. Notch provides drainage to keep tray items dry.
- AirPro Ace Seating System: Enjoy luxurious comfort and fine-tuned ergonomics. Features premium, breathable materials and a one-handed mechanical lever for adjusting the seat trim on-the-fly, dial in your position for paddling/pedaling/motoring & make room for fishing.
- Dual Rod Troughs : Horizontal rod storage solution to keep rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage; can hold up to three 7'6" rods on each side; secured with cross-lashing bungee; noise-dampened by Silent Traction pads.
- Large Stern Tankwell with Bungee: Large storage tankwell has plenty of room to accommodate crates, tackle boxes and other gear. Adjustable bungee secure items in place. Pictured here with Wildy Kayak Krate - sold separately.
- Stern Access Hatch: Easy access for stern mounting and through hull rigging.
- Stern Mounting Surface: Easily add an aftermarket motor, a Power Pole, or other accessories with a direct-to-boat stern mounting interface.
- Rear Carry Grips : Molded in openings allow for a secure grip at the back of the boat.
- Bow Paddle Park: A wide strap securely grips your paddle blade when you need to go hands free.
- StowPro Storage System : An extra-large gasketed hatch with a removable bin helps organize and protect important gear.
|Max. Capacity :
|450 lbs. / 204 Kg
|Boat Weight :
|95 lbs. / 43 Kg
|12' 2" / 371 cm
|38" / 96.5 cm
|15.5" / 38 cm
|Allow up to 6 weeks for delivery, 2 weeks for Cosmos
|Fully customizable open platform, factory-loaded with room for personalized rigging
|open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence.
|Tri-power optimized with the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power.
|S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology :
|Wilderness Systems' signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters
|StowPro Storage System:
|featuring an extra-large gasketed hatch and a thoughtfully configured bin to access, organize and defend gear.
|AirPro ACE seat:
|embodying easy Adjustability, luxurious Comfort, and fine-tuned Ergonomics, featuring premium, breathable materials and a one-handed mechanical lever for quick adjusting the seat trim on-the-fly, allowing anglers to dial in their position for paddling, pedaling, motoring, or to make room for fishing.
|Dual Rod Troughs:
|a unique horizontal rod storage solution to keep fishing rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage; can hold up to three 7'6" rods on each side; secured with cross-lashing bungee; noise-dampened by Silent Traction pads.
|Midship side pockets:
|Midship side pockets and tackle box recesses provide gear storage in all the right places.
|Convenient cup holders to keep beverages close-at-and, yet out of the way.
|Silent Traction pads throughout the footwell to keep anglers sure-footed and stealth.
|Comfortable front and rear carry handles for easy transport.
|Molded-in side handles to assist in managing the boat solo.
|Expansive and notched tankwell:
|provides a custom-crafted space for popular rear storage items like the Wilderness Systems Kayak Krate.
|transducer area to ensure scanners are protected and in position for the fullest range of view.
|Internal steering and lift lines for snag-free rudder or motor operation.
|Guaranteed Workmanship and Performance